What does it test for?
- Omega 3 fatty acids are the “good fats” found in oily fish, nuts and seeds that can help to protect the body against heart disease, high blood pressure, cholesterol and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Omega 6, when eaten in moderation as part of a healthy diet is good for you. However too much omega 6 can cause high cholesterol, high blood pressure and heart disease. Omega 6 is found in in polyunsaturated foods such as butter and vegetable oils.
Who should get tested?
- if you are curious about eating for health
- if you notice that your hair, skin and nails are poor quality
- If you feel tired all the time with no explanation
- If you can’t concentrate on a regular basis
- if you have a family history of heart disease
- if you follow a vegan or vegetarian diet
- if you feel chronically fatigued
What are the symptoms?
A deficiency in essential fatty acids can cause significant symptoms including:
- Dry skin and hair
- Brittle nails
- Poor attention and/or concentration
- Heightened sleep disturbances
- Joint pain and discomfort
Omega 3 Test
At home omega 3 test to monitor omega 3 and omega 6 levels with online results in 5 days.
Omega 3 prevents irregular heart beats, reduces the risk of clotting by making the blood less sticky, protects the walls of blood vessels from damage and helps to improve the cholesterol by increasing levels of good cholesterol (HDL) and decreasing levels of bad cholesterol (LDL).
Omega 3 is also often used as treatment for stiffness and joint pain as omega 3 supplements seem to boost the effectiveness of anti-inflammatory drugs.
The Omega check tests the blood for eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), by identifying levels of EPA and DHA, the test can determine whether there is an optimal level of Omega 3 and 6 in the system for good health.